MONTGOMERY COUNTY DIVING LEAGUE
MINUTES OF THE MARCH 15, 2005 MEETING
I. Opening and Officers' Reports
The meeting was called to order by Karl Borst, President, at 7:35pm.
A. President - Karl Borst - Introduced the Officers
B. Vice President - Lori Puente
C. Secretary - Nancy Ale - all past Minutes are on our web site
D. Treasurer- Lynn Chapman - dues are due by May 1 or a $25 late fee after 5/15
E. Publicity- Yolanda Faerber
F. Rules - John Currie and Melissa Huey-Burns
G. Safety - Bill Leith -Our pools will be inspected this year within 3 days of
the pools opening. The forms will be given out at the May meeting and they
will have to be at the pool for the inspection. Please have the forms at
the pool with someone starting on opening day.
H. Ways and Means - Wendy Hamm - ribbons and medals have been ordered.
Mrs. O'Neil will be doing t-shirts.
II. Old Business
A. Seedings and Schedule for 2005 Division II will switch the dates from June
19th and July 10th. Seedings and Schedule was voted on and passed.
B. 2005 Season. Pools volunteered for Divisionals, All-Stars and Clinics.
a. June 12th Sunday Seven Locks
b. June 18th Saturday Old Georgetown
c. June 23 Thursday Manor Woods.
a. Division I
b. Division II Manor Woods
c. Division III Glenwood
d. Division IV Country Glen
e. Division V Palisade
3. All-Star meets
a. 12 & under Old Farm with East Gate as backup
b. 13 & over TBD
C. Website / Forms Modifications
1. Participation form in duplicate (one copy for each team) is brought
back this year. You may use it but it is not mandatory.
2. All-Star Results form will be a single sheet not duplicate.
D. 8 & under as a scoring event Rule Review
1. This was a one year trial rule. It was voted and passed.
E. Return Pool Information sheet tonight or ASAP so the book will be ready
for the May meeting.
III. New Business
A. Rules Changes and Modifications
1. 8 & under event dive list changed to 101, 200 or 201, optional 3rd
dive was voted on and passed as a 1 year trial rule.
2. Rule change for 10 & under age group to 9 & 10 age group. All dive
up rules will apply. This will be a 1 year trial rule. This was
voted on and passed. All MCDL Diving Records will remain the same
until they are beat then they will change to say 9-10 instead of
10 & under.
3. All Dive sheets must be in at the beginning of the meet thus only
divers who have sheets filled in are allowed to dive it the meet is
rescheduled. Remove this rule? After much discussion on this
proposed rule change it was removed from the table. It couldn't
be voted on because it would affect too many other rules.
1. Bulleted steps and procedure -
- each team can nominate 2 divers
- 5 team reps vote on a maximum of 10 divers
- must be kept objective
- the team reps must vote for 3 children, narrow the field down to 5
- names for the 2nd vote. Anyone who receives 5 votes will
automatically go to AllStars.
- For 2nd vote each team rep gets 2 votes and not 3.
Voted on and passed for a one year trial basis.
2. Karl asked for feedback on the wild card form which is on the web
site under forms.
5. Sportsmanship and Individual Behavior.
a. The proposed MCDL Standards for Individual Behavior were voted on and
passed as amended. The amended version will be posted on the website
and should be read everyone including divers, volunteers, and parents.
B. Other New Business
1. Karl will make up guidelines for Division Coordinators so they know
what they have to do before All-Stars
2. Clinics- sponsored by MCDL and Coach Safety Certification will be
A. The next meeting will be Tuesday May 17th at Chevy Chase Library and the
box of supplies will be distributed. Each pool must have someone attend
the meeting to get their supplies.
Nancy Ale, MCDL Secretary